1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Tell My Grandparents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pumpion, Jun 27, 2015.

?

Should I Come Out?

1. Yes, come out of the closet.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, go back to Narnia.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Pumpion

My grandparents are pretty religious, I also think they are kind of conservative, my grandma believes marriage is between man and woman, and my grandpa is a minister in the Uniting Church of Australia, so I don't know if I should tell them I am bi. They didn't react all that well to my happiness that America had legalised same sex marriage everywhere (by the way congrats on that), so I don't really know? Tell them or go back to Narnia?

2. Im Hazel

Why do you want to tell them? Could you handle losing them? Evaluating the situation is probably the best way forwards.

3. Pumpion

I guess I want to tell them so that they aren't as surprised if I get a girlfriend, and I want to know if they will support me in the same way as if I had a boyfriend. I'm not sure if I could handle loosing them though, my grandpa favours me quite a bit, and I don't really want to loose that. If it comes up I'll probably muster up the courage to come out, or I'll just come out anyway when I get more courage, but otherwise I may just stay in the closet (it's quite warm and safe, and it's cold outside because it's winter in Australia)

4. Ashleigh16

If you can deal with not i would suggest it. I know it's hard. I'm out to almost no one but it's probably best