1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling lighter and feeling regret at the same time.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Feln, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As the title says I've recently (last night) came out to two of my friends on a party. I drank a bit, but I have my self-awareness and I now I felt 100% sober... The thing is they were realyl awesome, supportive as I wouldn't even expect, I told them how alone I feel and that I expect no-one to ever love me the way I want to love someone.
    I felt much better, but why do I feel regret?
    It was the same when I was forced to come out to my mom... But on the other hand when I first come out, to my friend I wasn't feeling this way.
    I'm confused, this post is probably big mess, just as I am... Urgh... I can't resist not saying this to anybody. Sorry...

2. Abdadhie

I went through the same thing as you. I felt really weird after coming out at the same time as coming free. For me it just faded. As more people found out and it became the 'norm' I eased my way into life being out.

I think the reason I felt like that was because I (deep down) felt that maybe my friends didn't really accept me, I was still worrying about it. It took a while before I realised that they really couldn't care less and so I stopped feeling regret.

Another thing that really helped was 'talking it out' with someone. Its good to just let it all out. Try someone like a friend or a councillor. Being out it to let it all out is a great thing. It feels better in the end.

I hope I helped, all this stuff applied to me, I don't know if it applies to you, I just hope it helps.Good luck man, It will all get better in the near future!!!

3. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes you did, thanks :wink: I hope it will get better, because I feel literally like crap now, haha.