1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Site

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Dec 12, 2008.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Before you go off on me about why I shouldn't use dating sites, I don't want to hear it. I'm old enough and have used them in the past.

What dating site would you recommend, that wouldn't be a strictly only hookup site, I have used #######.net, which most of you know is mostly hookups-don't go there kids.

Is #########, chemistry good?

2. EM68

I have a profile on #########. I have met a couple of guys. I went on a date with one guy on Monday night. We talked last night and he asked me out again. Tonight I am going to meet another guy for coffee. I've used chemistry.com when I dated women. I got mixed results (what a surprise :slight_smile: )

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother tried #########. He did this "free trial membership", where he got seven days and three contacts for free (or something like that). He entered his info, ran the search, and found one "99% match". He thought, what the hey, he'll waste his first free contact on her.

They've been married for four years now.

Results not typical, your mileage may vary.

Lex

4. Mickey

Ahhhh, Lex, I just love your posts! Ever think about doing stand-up? LOL!

5. funkmonk

I use www.gaydar.co.uk havent met any possible boy friends from there but have made some new friends off it.

6. Pendrin2020

Yeah, ####### was not the most innocent period of my life. Sure try #########.

7. brasilboy1

Another great site is www.#######.com. Very professional and absolutely free.

8. otc877

otc877 Guest

I thought ######### was a straight-only website... o wait, that's ######## [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgxOhG2nDOA[/youtube]

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ######## has since relented, and allowed gays and lesbians. But the funny thing is - now most gay people KNOW it as the one that didn't allow gays and lesbians, and so don't go there!

Lex

10. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    lex crackes me up .. EC woudnt be ECwith out lex it would be " a bit less then ec " aka ABLTEC

11. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Is it a British only site or are there Americans on there as well?

12. funkmonk

Yeah Its for Americans too and everywhere else.

Theres allso www.gaydargirls.com for the girls

#12 funkmonk, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm a member of several and haven't had much luck with any of them really.

www.gaydar.co.uk is mostly UK-based and is very sex-based (this is apparent from many of the member profiles). I'm a member but rarely use it and don't expect to meet Mr Right there.

www.datingdirect.com seems to be one of the bigger and better known straight dating sites in the UK that also does gay dating, though I haven't had any luck there.

Another one which does seem to find matches and has resulted in a few messages for me (though they came to nothing) is http://gay.date.com. I think this is international and is probably worth trying.

www.outeverywhere.com is a sort of combination dating, social networking and forum site which is popular (but the layout is IMO a bit of a mess). Again though it's mainly UK based.

My ex-partner found his new partner through www.speeddate.com. Because it just finds possible matches who are currently online and sets up a live chat there is more spontaneity and little chance to look at their profile. So more like meeting a guy in real life. I think there's a speeddate add-on in Facebook which ties in with the main site.

Note that all these sites are for people aged 18+ only. Do not visit or sign up if you are under that age.

14. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

hahaha so gaydar is like a #######?

15. xequar

I've heard Chemistry is decent. I signed up for a free account, but I didn't feel like paying for it, but from what I saw, it seems like it's worth a shot.

DON'T use Yahoo personals. The profiles are all pretty much cut-and-paste, and you'll see the same people in the rotation over and over, and the photos are normally out of date because of that.

Good luck!

16. EM68

I agree Yahoo personals is a big waste of time.

17. george678

Yes I agree ######### would be good.