1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friend while drunk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fxngirl, Jun 28, 2015.

1. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

So last night I drank A LOT, and furthermore I had bad thoughts in my mind before -I have a huge exam in three days and I'm really worried, plus my secret about my sexuality- so at some point I just burst in tears. And, basically, while I was crying I came out to one of my closest friends.
    I feel like shit now, because I didn't wanna come out like this. Has this happened to any of you?

2. guitar

The first time I came out I was drunk as well. My friend was also drunk and is gay. How did your friend take it? Is there any part of you that thinks she'll use this against you, or is she supportive of lgbt rights and issues?

Do you think part of you was really yearning to come out?

The first time coming out is an incredibly nerve wracking experience, especially if you're not ready. Hopefully your friend is cool with it & sorry you're so upset over this. (*hug*)

3. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Luckily my friend was very supportive, and I was planning to come out to another friend in a few days so this only accelerated the process.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, it happened to me too and I can understand how you feel.

Be glad your friend was supportive, mine was shocked.

Lots of things in life come unexpected, don't give a damn about our own plans.

5. LiquidSwords

Most times I came out at the beginning I was wasted and cried a lot, so you're not alone haha. It's not the perfect way to do it but your friend is supportive so you're all good I'd say