1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused4lyfe, Jun 28, 2015.

1. confused4lyfe

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey.
    Um so I've been super confused about my sexuality for almost a year now and I think I may be bi-sexual or possibly lesbian. I've recently started to kind've accept it but it's still weird to me. I'm just scared of being treated differently or abandoned by friends. See, the thing is, I've always been very tom boyish so I'd always hang out with the guys and have just recently started hanging out more with girls. I also seem to check out girls WAY more than I check out boys and I always feel like that when I see a girl I'm physically attracted to, I don't just think about that. I think about the emotional stuff to. How I would treat her right. But with guys, I mean yes some of the are attractive to me but I never have those emotional thoughts about them. So i don't know whether I'm lesbian or bisexual because I deffinetly am not straight..at least I don't think I am. And I get that since I'm only 14 that I shouldn't be thinking to much about this but I am. What do you guys think I am? I feel lesbian but i still have some sort of attraction to boys. So I am thinking of coming out to my friends mom who I trust with my life. I just don't know how? Like do I just say "Oh Ill get the salad and hey , btw, Im Bisexual."? I don't want to make it an awkward situation and Im scared of her reaction even though she is a very accepting person. I don't want to come out and be forbidden from having sleep overs with girls because there parents think I'll try something. I don't know? Any advice for coming out? (!)

2. Posthuman666

Well, it seems to me you could be homoromantic bisexual. That means that you only feel an emotional bond with girls, and want to take them on dates and treat them right like you said, but also sexually attracted to men and woman, which to put it bluntly, you would have sex with men and women but would really only want to date a woman. It is your orientation, so don't take my word as law :slight_smile:. It may be something you may wanna check out though.

Once you are ready to come out, it really depends on your family and their views. You don't want to rush something, so I would wait until you are sure of your orientation.

Welcome to EC, and if you need anything you can always message me (*hug*)