1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm new! Bisexual and nervous about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby1600, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I am Bisexual and I have a female friend of 15 years, so basically all ous lives cause we're both fifteen, and our mothers had been friends for years before us, now multiple times she said she supports lgbtqpa+ people, but I don't know if she might be saying that just because no one really really close to her is apart of this community, or if she really means that, if she'll still thinks it's weird because we haven't seen each other in about a month. I'm really scared because I love her like a sister and don't want to lose literally my only, and best friend, what should I do? And if I'm totally over reacting, that really wouldn't be a suprise, I overreact over literally the littlest things, so yeah I really need some advice, or even just some support for if she doesn't take it well, or even just support in general because my uncle, aunt and cousin, I know they won't take it well, I know that's gonna be really hard, and even though I know it's gonna be hard, I also know that no matter how many times I say that's it's gonna be hard, it won't really prepare me for how hard it's gonna be. So yeah, and in case you didn't notice, I like to ramble.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Welcome to EC. You should come out to your friend! Sometimes (I'm not saying it will happen, just if it were to happen) when telling your friends, keep in mind that if a friend stops being your friend just because of your gender and or sexuality, then it's alright. If that person was truly a friend, they would continue to accept you for who you are.

3. MetalRice

I think you should tell your friend, it sounds like she'd be accepting; and it's always good to have a good friend who's accepting in your life.

4. Envy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I think you should tell her, if she feels as close like a sister to you as you do to her she'll accept you.

5. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, all of you, cause I was really freaking out over this, and you awesome people really helped me!!!

6. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I told her on the 3rd and she took it really well!! She really barley reacted, like it was nothing!!! I was so relieved!!

7. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad to hear about you coming out to your friend! I know what you're going through! I experienced these same feelings when coming out to my first friend. It's so relieving when you tell a trusted friend!

Good luck on the rest of your coming out journey! (*hug*)