1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damage Control

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by syzygy, Jun 30, 2015.

1. syzygy

So I have reason to believe that there are at least rumors about me being trans. It wouldn't be too much of a problem if they are just rumors, but one of my past teachers, who I am very close to, suspects me. She asked my closest friend to put me in touch with her, but I've been avoiding it.

However, circumstance is going to make me unable to avoid her in the near future. She's not the sort of person I'm willing to outright lie to, I care about her too much. If she brings it up, I'm going to have to tell her.

Does anybody have advice to coming out and explaining being transgender to someone who is fairly religious? She is very rational and logical though, if somebody has any resources on the science behind it I think that would help a lot. She does know my parents very well, and if this goes badly it could cause a LOT of trouble, so I appreciate any advice people might have.

Thank you in advance,
    -Micah