1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to someone you don't like?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Invidia, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Out of necessity I shall have to come out to my father (who I do not like and have no connection with) and his family, and the extended family on that side of things.

1) First, how should I do it? I don't want a major fuss about it. I'm not seeking understanding from him or so, just want to pass on the information and make sure they use my name and pronouns.

2) How do I go about so that the extended family and so on won't make a fuss about it? I hate being the center of attention, or rather, being forced into the center of attention.

Thanks all feed-backers <3

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a way you can tell him you need to have a serious conversation? Then you could tell him everything you need to, and how he should refer to you. Then maybe tell him you don't want the extended part of the family to know-that it is a private matter. Just making a time to talk is better than any other way to me because the person being communicated to has all their attention on you. Hope I helped at all! Probably not because I don't know TOO much about this stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Thanks. Purple :slight_smile:

Yes, I could tell him "I just wanted to say smoething" or yeah, just make sure he gets I'm serious and not kidding around etc.

I probably do want the extended family to know though! I don't want them referring to me with male pronouns or my male name, and I'm close to part of the extended family and at family gatherings and so on I don't want some of them to know but censor themselves.
    I just don't know how, logistically, to spread the information...