1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by queerwithfear, Jul 1, 2015.

1. queerwithfear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have come out as being lesbian to my parents. My mom accepts me (I think) and my dad's exact words were "You can have all the little boyfriends you want, but I don't want to hear anything else about you having a girlfriend." So I have no idea what to do.. my mom has mentioned that teenagers who come out are experimenting and only adults are the sexual orientation they say they are. What do I do?

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well,you give them some time for starters. They need some time to digest what you have told them. You may search the web for information for parents and the coming out process. If you have a friend you can reach out to for support, that will give you someone to vent to. Talk to the people here for support as well, search the forums you will find many similar situations such as yours. Don't let it get you down though, this is just a bump in the road. It takes a lot of courage and confidence to do what you did. Give it time and hang in there.