1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want To Come Out as Trans to Conservative Family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Posthuman666, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Hi all. I think I'm at the point were coming out would be very nice.

I was just talking last night to my mom about my religion, I'm pagan, which she already knew about but still reacted bad. And I really wanted to tell he rim pansexual, and the move on to telling her I'm trans. I would explain my non binary but still female deal I have going on. I just want to be referred to by my pronouns and chosen name. Eventually I want to see a gender therapist and get HRT,but I only 15. I just can't hide any longer. I know I am a girl, and I just need to be seen as one. My school will never allow me to wear a female uniform. Or use female bathrooms, but as long as I can be seen as a female in public and at home then that's enough. A lot of the time I just want to kill myself again. Drat her be dead then seen as a male. I just want breasts and a female voice and face, to wear dresses and skirts, to wear makeup and do my nails, nothing I can do as a "straight male". I am dying to get HRT but again, I'm only fifteen.

I just want to be seen as female, even if I can't present until later. I am considering redoing my wardrobe when I come out, but I'm afraid I'll still look male.

I'm at a point where the closet is dangerous, but coming out and not being able to present as female could be worse. I'm scared for my own safety,

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try a letter, that's what I'm planning on doing. This way you can say everything you need to without interruption, and can make sure you say it just right.

Be honest and explain why you need this. Walk her through how long you've known, what being trans means to you, and what you need or intend to do in the future.

I can relate a lot to what you are saying. Often, I've feared what I'll do to myself if I don't come out. But it helps me to think that I only have to come out once, right? After this is over I will have done my part and can focus on moving into my transition, day by day.

If you need any more help or just want someone to talk to, you can feel free to write on my wall.

-Peter-

3. Jacko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to start off by saying that you're incredibly brave. Nobody should have to be faced with the challenges that your faced with. You are strong and keep in mind that all the hateful people in the world are the most unhappy and they try to make themselves feel better by making you unhappy. Don't give them the satisfaction. You know who you are and that is enough. If you're sure you need to come out start off by telling your mother how much you love her and that you know this must be very confusing for her. But that you can't live under the label you were assigned at birth anymore. You feel you need to break free and be the woman you were born to be. I say more power to you. And look around. There's positive changes for the LGBT community happening all the time. Although the world still has some prejudices now, in a few years I think society will have changed drastically for the better. So please don't even consider killing yourself. You'd be doing the world a great injustice by depriving it of the beautiful, strong, brave woman that you are. Never forget that this is just an early stage in your life and that in three years you don't need anyone's permission to be who you are. So tell your mother simply that you would like to be referred to as the woman you are. If she's as conservative as my parents are she may have some trouble accepting it. But tell her that the whole situation has been hard for you lately and that by just changing the way she refers to you it could be a whole lot easier. With time she may come around I wish you luck with your coming out and I wish you the long and happy life that you deserve!