1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay sex is not 'natural'...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BernardBlack, Jul 2, 2015.

1. BernardBlack

BernardBlack Guest

I knew that would get you attention.

Aside from the fact that it occurs many species in the animal kingdom and the only one with issues with it are humans, that in itself is unnatural.

Anyhow I am interested in people's views of how they deal with bigoted morons. Especially those who are already out and deal with it in the real world.

What do you guys (gals) say?

2. asphalt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    what exactly constitutes gay sex precisely? any sexual activity with the opposite sex? or specifics like anal? my grandad one christmas made derisive comments about men 'doing one another up the bumhole', to which i replied about how that isn't really exclusive to gay men, though he didn't really seem enamoured about that prospect either. my grandmother threw out some horrified expressions and scurried off into the other room...

otherwise, i'd probably direct the conversation towards the pet rabbits we kept when i was a kid. all female. they were always pounding one another.

3. guitar

I've never really dealt with bigots head on in real life. Rue the day I do because I'm a debating freight train and they haven't a hope in hell against me on this issue.

Re: topic title: tell that to the Giraffe.

4. lettuce

I don't understand what people are saying when they call homosexuality unnatural. I mean, "nature" either means something that humans didn't create or an inherent quality of something. Neither of those makes gay sex any less natural than straight sex.

Either way, if calling something unnatural is the best argument you have then you don't have much of an argument.

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way I see it, female with male male sex is most common, and the thing most people are used to. Its just a different thing to some people. Being raised knowing something then learning about a whole new way of things is alien to them. Its still natural though. Like discovering a new species of animal (not saying that gay people are not human) it can seem weird to humans because it looks strange, but it is still natural. Just unfamiliar to other things.

6. rhamphorhynchus

Dammit i do wanted to talk about this

Then what defines "natural" anyway ? Seriously, human have trouble with definitions especialy when they get philosophical. If you talk about gay sex not having reproductive benefit for the sake of maintaining the existence of species, okay, but "unnatural" is such a extreme concept. I would go as far as asserting that natural is everything made up of atoms. It's a problem with relativity. When you get specific, so is the definition of "natural". Is a iron-based life form natural ? Is a condom categorised as kitchen ware natural ? Gaysex, however is more inefficient in the context of reproduction, then something like, "unnatural"

7. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Homosexual / bisexual activity exists among many animal species. Most notable are the bonobos, an ape species that is closely related to humans.

Gay sex exists in nature; therefore it must be "natural." And even if only humans did it, it would be "natural" unless it were forced by some other species manipulating humans into doing something they wouldn't otherwise do.

8. emma7

With living with a hompobe mom I just got used to ignoring it lol. I just think to myself "Yeah whatever,it is all natural so f**k you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:" Well not the "F**k you" part with my mom but yeah.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If gay sex is unnatural, you'd also have to say It's wrong to have any kind of straight sex other than penis-in-vagina WITHOUT the use of any contraceptives, but I don't know any straight couples who follow this rule.

10. Foz

Foz Guest

Well, euphoria is natural, therefore gay sex is too :lol:

11. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed.

I have three gerbils, they're all male. Two of them had a lot of sex in their youngen years. I'd see them in this awkward 69 position where one was upside down. The third one was an asexual or straight gerbil.

12. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Depends on whether I think I can reason with them.
    If yes, I'll point out what you mentioned above and let them figure it out.

if not and I'm in the mood, I'll chew them out, refuting every single claim they make whillst pointing out the likely hypocricy and asinine nature of the arguments and positions the other person employs/holds to.

13. MetalRice

I usually bring up the animal facts when someone mentions that it's "unnatural"

14. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay sex is not natural for straight people.
    Straight sex is not natural for gay people.

We should ban straight marriage! I mean, I think straight sex is just eww. I have heard of people not supporting gay marriage because they think that gay sex is gross. Well...

15. Chicagoblue

I F'in love gay sex. So what.

16. Closeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, 'unnatural' is linked more to the fact that the sexual act won't result in procreation.

Again, remember that terming reproductive (heterosexual) sex as 'natural' is something which is man-made. There was no edict issued from the heavens which called it that. But given that new life comes only through procreative sex, it is reasonable to assume that that's why people termed it 'natural'.

As people above have already remarked (and so have you) that it's found in animals et al, you obviously know that homosexual tendencies are ALSO natural. But the proportion of individuals who identify as non-heterosexual has been usually called out as around 10%. So it's a case of the "majority" labelling themselves as "natural" with the outliers being deemed unnatural.

To the bigots, the reply is simple:

"No, homosexuality is not unnatural. But I must say your attitude towards it certainly is!"

Remember, they chose their attitude, you didn't choose your orientation. So who's the unnatural one? ;-)

17. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So...
    All unatural things are bad?
    No more mcdonalds, clothes, air conditioning, medicine, or living past 30.

18. Ticklish Fish

electricity and medicine aren't natural either ^_^

19. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hah, no gay sex is anything but abnormal.

People who claim it to be an abnormality are merely pulling at strings. There is a lot to say otherwise. Like other people have mentioned already there are multiple incidents of homosexual intercourse in the animal kingdom. It's very likely that humans have been practicing homosexual tendencies throughout the ages.

The only argument these people have is the topic of procreation. Though I don't think that having gay sex nullifies the desire to procreate. This is why you see gay men getting children through surrogate situations. Or even adopting, to fulfill the urge to raise and prepare the next generation.

In terms of male homosexual sex it's quite evident that it's not abnormal. I'd like to hear someone argue why men having a g-spot in the anus. It's something that has been put there to be used, whether by other men, or by men having freaky times with lady counterparts.

That also gets rid of the argument that anal sex is unnatural.

20. rhamphorhynchus

[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]
    Eletricity = free electrons. Medicine = bunch of chemicals which originated / was extracted from organic bodies. Most natural thing ever man. Way more than circumcision lol