1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I begin?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by clampedhand, Jul 2, 2015.

1. clampedhand

Where should I start? I guess it all started when I was watching a show (The Fosters) when two gay 12yr goods shared a kiss. And I guess I somewhat liked it romantically. I just want to point out I've have many girlfriends and they've been serious relationships and I've loves them. I've always dreams of being a rich man and going home to a wife and 3 perfect children and gay or not it will happen. When I watch Glee I really want a relationship like Blaine's. When I picture me in real life with a boyfriend I can't imagine it and I'm not attracted to any boys. There's always that 3% doubt in the back of my mind. Not to mention me and my friends are exactly all for homosexuality.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A small amount of doubt is actually quite reasonable and normal. Very few people are 100% straight or gay, despite what they may say. How many of us can say that we are 100% anything in life?

These are the facts, as you explained them -- you have, or have had many girlfriends, you don't see yourself with a boyfriend in real life, you are not attracted to boys and your ideal scenario is a wife and three perfect kids. That doesn't sound like you are gay to me. Your only doubts are being pro-gay (which is great to hear) and feeling happy when you watched The Fosters. If you are a straight ally it's understandable that you should have enjoyed watching that scene in The Fosters, but it doesn't make you gay - it just means you are a great person who isn't nasty or bigoted towards LGBT people and that's something to be proud of.

Even if you do have a small amount of same sex curiousity or attraction, it's nothing to be concerned about. It may surprise you to know that many, many people do.