1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean she knows?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TylerTheUniGay, Jul 2, 2015.

1. TylerTheUniGay

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NOTE: This post was NOT meant to offend anyone. If it did, I apologize.

Hey everybody, so just the other day, I was having a conversation with my mom about Caitlyn Jenner. We were saying how it's awesome and all how Bruce became Caitlyn (I didn't know how to word that properly), but we think she's kind of over-exploiting herself and the fact that she is a transgender. It's awesome she got what she wanted and that she's happy, no-one really cares in my opinion. So we were saying how we think she's over-doing it and exploiting herself by hanging out with basically ONLY transgenders, and is getting a reality show just about her. My mom said these exact words to me, but was referring to Caitlyn (I think). "If you're trans, your trans. If you're gay, you're gay, no-one really cares." (Don't get me wrong, she didn't say that in a rude way, if you read it that way. As a matter of fact, she has plenty of gay/LGBTQ+ members as friends, and is herself, a straight ally).

Another thing; When the law was passed towards same-sex marriage in all 50 states of the USA, my mom said ; "It shouldn't have been passed right now. It should've been that way in the first place."

What's your opinion? -- Cheers!

#1 TylerTheUniGay, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. rhamphorhynchus

Your mom is as open as an active volcano. Tell her now. Before she goes dormant !

3. BiKate

Just tell her. If you want you could open by asking her what would she do/say if she found out you were gay. That way she pretty much will know what you're getting at but you do have the option of back tracking and saying you were just curious about what she would think.

I'm a complete hypocrite though. My mums like that, fully supportive and all that but I'm still scared to tell her

4. XxSunXDragonxX

Your mother is open and accepting, so yell it out loud with pride! YEAH!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. SumitaSofat

SumitaSofat Guest

May be she is reacting like this to get truth out of yourself.

6. TylerTheUniGay

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why, but I'm scared to.

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

You always are! It's absolutely natural, and it means you're getting a meaningful coming out. You feel very powerful if you get to face it on your own terms, just as it makes you feel isolated and vulnerable if others are sniffing around it while you're hiding. Take command of your sexuality. Own this moment forever.

8. guitar

It doesn't mean she knows you're gay, but I would suspect she may. My mom started saying things like that for months when she suspected I was gay before I came out to her.

Come out to your mom when you're ready, but it seems like her accepting you is a near-certainty