1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity at new school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by colorblind, Jul 2, 2015.

1. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello dear world.

In August I am starting a new thing, it's not a school but kind of - difficult to explain but it is not important. What's important is that I will be living there, it's kind of like a college dorm.

I am thinking about what to do with my sexual identity. I am 20 years old and I have been pretty sure for a long time that I am bisexual. But I have never been with a woman and I don't think i can be completely sure before I have tried that (I am not saying it is like this for everybody. Of course I know that is not how it works. Peace).
    Anyway, all of my friends think I am straight (or at least I think so) and we only talk about boys and so on. They don't know that I have been madly in love with women.

So now I am thinking what to do at this new place. I don't really want to come out and say to everybody "Hey, my name is Colorblind and I am bisexual" but I don't want to just pass as straight either.

How do you think I should handle this?

Hugs!

2. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi :slight_smile:
    I'm sorry to say that usually straight people assume that the others are straight as well, so everyone will think that you're straight until you'll say something.
    I don't know if my advice could help, but I would just mention it when the topic crops up, when people are talking about being marriage in future or something like thaht and when somebody will ask you "What kind of man you'd like to marry?" you answer "Well, first I'll see if that person will be a man." I always did coming out in that way.

3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't bring it up until you are more certain. If someone asks, there is nothing wrong with saying that you are unsure. You could drop a few hints that you might like girls, so they don't necessarily assume that you are straight.