1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Plant7120, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Plant7120

I am not going to say much until I start HRT, yet they probably will notice a difference with the way I dress, and hopefully act. The best way to do it?? I really don't want to keep secrets anymore, Ive been living this secret since high school, and now I am 40. My mom is proud of her daughter. I have a daughter who is 6 now. Her dad jus doesn't need to know at all as of yet otherwise there might be legal issues I'm afraid. My roomates know and a few friends.

2. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure if there's a better way than just sitting with them and telling them. They will probably be shocked and won't understand, but tell them that you felt like that for a long time and you won't to be honest with them.
    I'd probably say that if they don't accept me they don't need to be part of my life, but better not - it's just the cheeky side of me.

3. Plant7120

Tonight I came out to my mom..... She was totally supportive in my decision! Takes a lot off my shoulders knowing I am out to the most important person in my life!