1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't this be a happy christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Dec 14, 2008.

1. hoping

So today mums bfs mother was here and will be for the next 2 days and the fact that i don't agree with any of their basic belifs and other things my mother has decided that i have ruined her life and that i'm trying to run her life, so as of 5 hours ago she has stopped talking to me.
    This from a woman who does this everytime she doesn't get what she wants and who gets bored in marriages so goes and haves affairs and tells her 16 year old son and 15 year old daughter that she had sex with an ex bf in a hotel room.
    But what can you do , just it will be seen by 2 years when her kids are gone out of her life and when my sister has kids and gets married she wont see that and when i fall in love with a great guy and maybe have kids and get married she wont see that either.
    My sister and i have started thinking of maybe the day we move out thats the last time we see our mother

2. summersforecast

sounds like you've got it rough to I scared shitless about my comming out and christmass will suck because all three of my brothers will be here to make me feel bad about myself and talk to me about girls(they're so clueless)

3. xequar

I'm afraid I have no sage-like advice. All I can say is just try to limp to the finish, as it were. Make nice, stay out of the way, and if you can legally drink, keep a little something where you can get at it. I normally don't advocate alcohol as a solution, but in the case of family gatherings, being a bit buzzed can help block them out and make them more tolerable.

Good luck, and we'll all be here if you need to bitch a bit. *hugs*

4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

drinking may help..but dont do what i did and get trashed...im telling you my great aunt was not happy on her 90th birthday ha.

maybe your mom will see before its too late that if she dont get her act together she will never see you again.

5. xequar

This is a good point. Buzzed, not trashed. I got trashed last Christmas, bad enough that my dad and the guy I was dating then had to carry me out to the car (it wouldn't have been so bad but I was on crutches at the time too).

Like I said though, a little kick in your drink (as my grandmother would call it) can sometimes be just the thing.