1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When coming out as trans what should I actually say?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Abdadhie, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

I've decided that its time to come out as trans soon, If feeling more 'cooped up' in the wrong body every day and I need to be me but it occurred to me that I don't really know what to say. Should I sit people down and tell them or should it just be simple. I feel like people don't really know much about being trans and I should explain.

Whats the 'standard procedure' as far as coming out goes? Any advice would be very helpful!!!

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You could begin with something like "I need to tell you something, do you have a minute?" And continue something like "I am transgender. I do not identify with the sex I was born with. I feel like I need to live my life as a girl to be happy. This means I will change my name, and my pronouns to female."

That can be a sketch of a start maybe, at least ^.~

Hope that helped, good luck!

3. Posthuman666

^^ Completely agree with Becki. That is how Im going to come out.

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

You could also try saying something like, "I really trust you as a friend, and I want to start experimenting, in private at first, with using a female persona. I'd like some feedback on how well I'm pulling it off, if that's alright? No, I'm not changing my sex immediately. However, a makeover and a few new outfits, in the near future, would be interesting if I could get enough support from those around me. I'm really going to need my friends to stand by me if I'm going to go far with this. Being alone, in this situation, could be dangerous for me. Also, do you have any idea how much it is for hair-extensions? When I start talking to my mom about this, I want to be conversant on this kind of stuff. Thanks for your support! You're the best. See you at lunch."

#4 Christiaan, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015