1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad To Meet My Boyfriend, oh boy...#NERVOUS #HELP

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perfectboi, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Perfectboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, This is my first post here, :slight_smile:

well its about my dad and boyfriend.... well.. we have been together for quite sometime and my mom is familiar with speaking with him via mobile, my dad however is now coming around to me,he was one homophobic um, well u know... but he cam around and even told me he loved me a few minutes age when we were talking via mobile... well the thing is, i wanna get my bf and parents a little more involved (&&&) with eachother... but i have no idea on what to do? i mean.. what could they do together that won't make everything awkward, sigh... :bang: i love my dad, and my mom and my boyfriend too... but how do i get them together???? :eusa_danc

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go out to eat, take them out to your dads favorite restaurant or something. Or if that is unrealistic then have a cook out at home. Just have your mom and dad meet him and don't make a big deal about it. Are there any common interests that your boyfriend might share with your dad? Sports or music or something? Just ease him into getting to know him little by little. Before you know it your dad and mom will probably end up liking him. I use your dad more because he seems like the one with the most apprehension to meeting him, but if he has shared interests in something your mom likes, go that route. Good luck there chief, hope everything goes well!

3. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Stay calm. If your dad gets a bit upset, just tell him that you love your boyfriend and that you're gay and he can't change that anymore than you can. Also, it's a good idea to try what Billy said above - ease them into it. Don't rush, that might get overwhelming and you run the risk of getting a negative response. Just take it easy, one step at a time.

Hope everything goes well, and good luck :slight_smile:

4. Cider

I'm sure your dad will be supportive. Good luck!