1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rainbow, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Rainbow

How do I know if I am a lesbian?
    I find some boys attractive (like the Jonas Brothers haha) but I think Id rather be with a girl.
    In health class the other day we had to look at the male and female body parts and the males grossed me out alot and I loved the girls.
    I never had a boyfriend or girlfriend.
    I want to come out so I can find a girl but I am really scared to come out cause I might not be a lesbian or bi.
    I get crushes on older girls. Like teachers.
    When I look at a girl the same age as me I feel like I should be feeling the same way looking at a guy but I dont really.
    But then there are times I am like I never had a boyfriend. How do I know. I am probably straight.
    Ughh Im so confused.

2. RaRa

I feel the same way as you, i've never been in a relationship with anyone so how do I know if i'm gay or straight?

I like to think of myself as being compatible with anybody, thats why when I meet someone I judge them by there personality and their individual characteristics, rather then their gender. As for coming out, only you can know when the time is right, but i'd try it first with a ver open-minded friend who you can trust.

By your crush on older girls and your comments im guessing your still young? It's a completely natural thing and you have time to experiment and see whats right for you.

If you need to talk just hit me up, good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Rainbow

I dont have many friends.
    I have one friend who I do trust and I kinda hinted it 2 years ago but I dont think she believed me. She is boy crazy.
    I am 18 so I am still kinda young but not really.

4. littledinosaurs

I guess you should just try some people out. See how it works and go with the flow.
    Like who you Like and don't over think it.

5. starfish

I've always known something was up.

I found some girls attractive but usually they would have to be pretty hot or very athletic for me have any kind of response. It never was much of a response, it mostly a humm it would cool to have sex with her response, other than 1 exception I never desired a romantic relation with a woman. One time I met this really cool girl that played softball. She was awesome, had such a great personality. I really tried to start something with her, but it never went any where. It was hard to see at the time but in hindsight all I really wanted was be close friends.

Now as for guys. I would see a good looking guy, you know the really cut jock type and think "wow the things I would do to him. And then we could cuddle all night watching TV" I wrote this off as an anomaly as I never had this response to normal guys. I just thought I was straight without much of a sex drive.

Then something wonderful happened. Close to 2 months ago I allowed my self to accept the possibility that I am gay. It took a little bit but I noticed the world changing. Now it is full of good looking guys and they are everywhere. I'm talking average ordinary guys. Even guys that are normally unattractive I can see good features in them. Then another wonderful thing has happened over the past week. The fog has lifted. I see now that sex is sexy. It does not matter if it is 2 guys, 2 girls, a guy and a girl. We are driven to have sex, and when we thing about it or see anyone having sex of course it is a turn on. Because we want to have sex also, but it does not mean we want to do exactly what we are seeing. It just means that we want to have sex and want it our way with our kind of person. Also attractive people are attractive, does not matter if they are male or female. Just because you recognize some as attractive does not mean you want to have sex with them. Really all it means is that some are pleasant to look at and some you will genuinely want to have sex with.

My advice is to just let your self be your self. Don't stop the feelings when they happen, just let them flow through you. Over time the feelings will become clearer and the fog will lift and then you'll know what feelings you truly want to act on.

6. Rainbow

How can I do that if I dont know any lesbians?