1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping someone come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sek, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

There are a few people in my life including myself who aren't fully out of the closet but want to be, however there's fear (etc.) stopping them.

I've come here hoping for some tools, resources, interesting reads/viewings, anything that might help persuade someone that coming out is always the better option (obviously there are some instances where coming out is unsafe and some protective barriers have to be put in place, but on the whole it's better to live in honesty).

I'm looking for less formal 'guides', but more of a casual source. Fictional books, movies, YouTube videos, songs, anything along these lines would be great.

Thanks! (*hug*)

2. 50ishandout

There are some great Coming Out videos on YouTube. I would suggest Mark Miller's and there is one by DrewEC. There are many others I think for someone your age these are two of the best.

3. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. It leans a bit towards the equality and accepting side, but it's still an awesome song with a powerful message.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is an endless supply of "coming out" videos on YouTube; you could never see them all, as there are new ones coming in faster than anyone can view them. There aren't many more casual ways to experience/preview coming out than watching a video of someone doing exactly that, recorded in real time. Most of these are positive experiences.