1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think My Co-Worker Knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BookWriter1994, Jul 6, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Okay, I have this straight co-worker that I work with and she has a gay best friend who is a male and went with him to Pride this year(she always goes with him every year). Anyways, I have been searching for pride jewelry and the store that I would go to Spencer's, does not have anymore because they only had it out because of the pride that was last weekend (June 26-28) and I asked her today if I could have like a bracelet if she has one or an extra one and she said yea and I asked if I could have one and she was like oh yea sure I will see if I have one either from this year or from last year.

Like, to be honest, I really don't care at who knows that I like girls(whoa, I actually admitted that now?!) but I barely know this co-worker but I know that she will not care if I am gay but I was just wondering if there's a possibility that I just told someone that I am a lesbian???

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2015 at 08:45 PM ----------

I meant for the title to be I Think My Co-Worker Knows

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: I Think My Co-Workers

Hi there! First, it's great that you wrote that you don't really care if someone knows about your sexual orientation. Did you come out? Maybe, but maybe not. :slight_smile: As you weren't all that specific and simply asked for a bracelet you didn't give too much away.

An ally might be looking for pride stuff too. Some of my co-workers who are strait, went to Pride, and I am sure they were wearing a bracelet or at least holding up a sign with a rainbow on it. In her eyes, she might think that you are not straight, but and given that she is an ally, she also might think that you are an ally or simply getting it for someone else.