1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im so scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Riler91, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Riler91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ive know im gay for awhile and wanted to come out but im so scared. I know my mom will be fine with it (She is also gay) but its my dad that scares me. I feel like if i tell him he will think its because my moms gay and im following her (which im definitely not) .The scariest people are my friends i feel like they we hate me after i tell them. :bang: i wish this was easier.

2. benefit25

If your friends are your friends they will be supportive of you. Some more then other.. and just like you had your time to process they probably will need too.. Its okay to be scared though, its not easy at all. But i support you and it should come at the time YOU feel is right

3. Van

Van

Coming out to a gay parent should be way easier, don't worry. I think you should start with your mom - if you decide to come out, you shure need to do that to someone who you know will be supportive. As for your friends... I don't think anyone would hate you for being gay, especially if they're friends. :thumbsup:
    You really think your dad would think that? :rolle:

4. Riler91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really do the other day he started making fun of a gay guy on tv and said "thank god your not gay" I feel like I'm lieing to him

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't lying to him, he is lying to you, by implying that there is something wrong with being gay. He should be saying "thank God you are my son, my gay son, who I love unconditionally, and always will". If he doesn't say that, you should be sorry for him, not scared of him, because he doesn't know what he has to lose.