1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Tonight/Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by melissa19, Jul 7, 2015.

1. melissa19

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,

This is my first post on here! Need advice ASAP! I’ve been planning to come out to my family for a few months now and its built up to tonight! Thinking of just telling my mum first but I’m absolutely terrified! I’ve written a letter that I’m going to give them! I don’t want to tell them incase it changes things but I need to be honest with them now, I’ve been in the closet too long! Had a girlfriend a while ago which only two people knew about at the time and I told my Mum about it after we split up but I think she thought I'd go back to being straight (and I was silly enough to think that too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I've recently been trying to date guys to see if I would ever like them but I just can’t! I want to be me now! And now will be as good a time as any to come out!

Thanks.

2. confusedbubble

Sit your mum down away from ear shot of anyone tell her that you've been coming to terms with your sexuality over the past few years and that you've come to the conclusion that you only like women, you've tried to date men but it just doesn't feel right and that it's never going to work out between you and them.
    I never had this problem as I'm bisexual so I think it was easier to talk it out with my mum as she was more accepting because there's always a chance I'll go back to men good luck I hope it goes well