1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to formally come out???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I always suspected my mom and sister knew I was gay (or not straight any ways) but recently we were playing a little game kinda similar to the newly wed game. Anyways their answers confirmed they knew I was gay.
    Now that I know we all know I'm a lesbian, do I need to further come out to them?
    My mom said before that she doesn't understand why people have to come out now and that people should just except seeing two girls together (or whatever) without questioning it.
    I feel like there are still some lose ends but I'm not sure what to say without sounding naïve.
    Any advice?

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you were straight you might like to discuss what you are feeling with your mom, so what's the difference being gay?
    Just take things as they come, if you want to ask or discuss something go for it!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Given that they already suspect and have pretty much given you the confirmation that they know, I don't think you need to give them any further information/explanation about your sexual orientation at this point.

As doinitagain mentioned, take things as they come, and if there is a discussion or moment where you can insert something that would pretty much confirm their knowledge of you, go for it. For example, when you are playing a similar game again, and if it is the case, just say that you would like to be married to a girl someday, or something similar to it. :slight_smile: