1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was fine, dammit!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeautifulStranger, Dec 15, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

So I was fine.
    I thought about Mike, but it was cool. I didn't regret breaking up with him. Everything was great.
    Until Saturday.

He called me. Which, again isn't a big deal. We want to be friends still.
    Well, as the conversation comes to an end, completely unprompted, he says "Tyler, I really love you and miss you. I can't wait to see you again. I love you so much. I'm going to prove how much you mean to me next time we're together."

And without even thinking, I respond, "I love you too. You're my everything. My world, my heart, my soul, my voice, my raison d'ĂȘtre."
    I did it without thinking because it's the truth.

The first time he ever said I love you without me saying it first is the one time I don't want to hear it from him.

Is this some sick joke on my love life?
    Why can't I be over the guy who has hurt me the most and caused me so much stress?

2. biisme

Why did you guys break up in the first place? (Btw, I'm sorry if you already said this and I missed it). You have to ask yourself, "what has changed since that time?" If the answer is "nothing" then I would be really wary when you talk to him again. Ask him what's changed since then.

And, I'm sorry hon, but wanting to let go of someone and actually doing so are too very different things. It takes time. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. BeautifulStranger

We broke up because I was tired of being the only one who cared.
    I was tired of having to hold my tongue when he berated me.
    I was tired of knowing that no matter how much I did for him, he would never change for the better.

I finally saw that he and I are going no where fast as a couple.