1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Conversation Starter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Qwertazoo, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Qwertazoo

I need a bit on advice. I want to come out as transgender to my sister by the end of this week, since she's always been pretty trustworthy to me, and generally, I just want to tell her one thing and let a conversation flow on its own, but I don't want to just spit out "I'm transgender", or "I think I'm transgender", or the like. What should I do? :eusa_doh:

2. Storm Chaser

Maybe try to mention lgbt rights and transgender people in general and off that, be like oh by the way im transgender or maybe try making a joke or be just causal about it. You could always write it down if that makes it easier.

3. Pexter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About transgender's rights, look for John Oliver's video on that matter. It's from last week's show (HBO). He covers that subject pretty darn well. Maybe you can find some inspiration there. I don't know if it's allowed to post youtube videos here.

All the best.

4. Qwertazoo

I'm just looking for a way to tell her I'm transgender, not what to say during the conversation. I like to let the conversation flow on it's own, it's just starting it off and spilling out to her without making it seem so...disrupt.

5. SJPercy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let her find your search history...that's what happened with me and my parents turned in to one heck of a conversation (if u can even consider that).

Seriously though, maybe start off by saying something like. "This might seem weird/odd but I have something I need to tell you. But first I want to say thank you. For always being my friend and for being there for me. For being a great sister and understanding. I understand if this is hard to understand right now and I understand if you need time to let everything sink in...but I'm transgender.

6. Lunarchy

*Knock Knock*
    *Whose there?*
    *Trans.*
    *Trans who?*
    *Sis, I'm transgendered. Deal with it.*