1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pexter, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Pexter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone :icon_wink

So I'm starting to plan the best way to come out to my friend. Problem is, he's working 3.000 km away from me at the moment.

Actually, I don't think it's a problem because I think it's better for me to do this from a distance, at least at the moment. I already know he's going to be very supportive because he defends LGBT rights with a very strong conviction. He's extremely straight lol but he's also extremely intelligent and comprehensive about human nature. And this is why I want him to be the first one to know. He's not my best friend, but he's the most comprehensive one for sure. He's also a great person and I know I can trust him with anything.

What I don't know is if I should live-chat this with him or if should write an email with everything I want to say. I think chat is more personal, but maybe he won't have time to "digest" quickly all the info I have to say. I assume everything will go well. But you never know.

Either way I know he's probably going to be mad with the fact he can't be here with me to show me his support lol

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think either would be good, it just depends on whether you'd like to see his reaction or not. For him, maybe an email would be better so he can get the full story and read through everything at his own pace. For you, you may find it easier to live chat so that you can see his initial reaction to the news. It's more emotional/memorable that way.

It's cool that you've got a potential supporter. Let us know how it goes.