1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wavering

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Abdadhie, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

I'm really close to coming out as trans to my parents but ever time I get close to doing it I just fail and give up. I know how much better its going to be after I come out, hopefully I'll be able to go on HRT but I just can't do it...

Any advice?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried writing a letter? This helps you to put all your thoughts down in an organized way, and I find that it's a lot easier to spit out the news that way. Plus you have a chance to think through exactly what you want to say.

Think about it this way. You only have to come out once to them. And regardless of how they may react, they will at least know about it. That's one step closer to getting the help you need.

Make sure to explain to them why this is so important to you and how you cannot spend another day living in such a way that makes you this uncomfortable. I'd encourage you to do as much research as you can in order to properly educate them, which will in turn let them know that you're sure this is what you really want and need.

Get support from trusted friends and allies, possibly come out to them first. Having that emotional support can help a lot for motivation.

If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to shoot up my wall.

-Peter-