1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Friends with benefits"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HalfInsane, Dec 15, 2008.

1. HalfInsane

Not really sure where to put this... but just out of curiosity, what is everyone's opinion, good or bad?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

2. Shevanel

honestly, in my opinion, bad, but only cuz i'm biased cuz i was jealous of a girl i liked... :/

3. I don't like it. In my opinion, sex should be more than relieving your sexual frustrations. I think sex is more meaningful than that. And it seems pretty dangerous as far as getting attached when you're not supposed to. Just my 2 cents.

4. Janvier

Very good.
    I can't hold a relationship, it's just too time consuming. I still need some affection and sex of course.
    So I have my lovers and for me, it's perfect.
    We like to cuddle and stuff, almost pretending to be a couple for the night because it's sweeter, I'm not a fan of raw sex.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bad unless you're both in the right frame of mind. Some people can totally divorce themselves from possible "feelings" that might result from getting intimate with someone. In short, they honestly and truly can simply say "It's just sex". If both parties honestly and truly are at that point, then yeah - friends with benefits is great. The problem is - many people can't do that. Or, worse, they think they can, and then they can't.

Lex

6. STK

STK Guest

I don't agree with it. I think sex is something special, but that's just me.

7. Gumtree

It depends on the people involved and what they expect.

If both parties know what is involved, what they expect from the situation and what it will/won't become then it's fine - it can make 2 people in awkward situations very happy.

But if people don't know what they're doing and how to control their emotions then it will almost always end horribly.

8. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It depends, can be both good and bad...I'm not for fuck buddies, but friends whom who can be intimate with isnt bad....I've been there a few times

9. george678

10. Adrian

Adrian Guest

Tell them to get a job (geddit?).

11. gemerency

bad, for some reason it just doesn't feel right

12. george678

Yes Ok meh I dont know on it.

13. Beth

hmm i tried it...we failed...
    i agree both people have to understand the boundaries
    i swore,i even bet money with my flat mate, that i wouldnt get attatched...we're now together lol but i guess that was meant to be & we were always going to like each other?
    even if you say you wont,someone will always get hurt
    depends on the people i guess

14. James2612

If it works for you (and the other person!) then its a good thing!!!
    But i imagine its very hard not to get too attached if your having a good time together!!

Just my opinion!

15. Seanboy23

I have to agree with Lex, and I don't know if that reflects an aspect of how one views "friends with benefits" that might relate to age and/or experience. It's not for everyone, but if it does work, WOW!

Personally, I have had a few "FWB's", and to be honest it's been really hot! There was always a more total loss of inhibitions with those guys, cuz there were no emotional stakes at play, no doublespeak, no agenda or anything, just pure, fun sex. Combine that with knowing the other person more than some random hookup, and I think that freedom makes both partners more, I don't know, "animalistic"? At least that's how it was for me.

The trick (no pun intended) is to meet someone with whom you share a mutual physical attraction that creeps up to, but doesn't cross, any emotional line. It's a balancing act, and since it involves two separate individuals with hearts and minds (as well as the "fun bits" lol), it doesn't work that often.

16. ok455

I like having a friend with benefits Its a great way to explore the other person body. We was friends for a while and we started at the age of 14 until 20.

I think if both parties know its just for pleasure and fun then go ahead and do it

17. Apocalypte

Good, if it works. I could do with one right about now :eek:

18. Sarah

lol. you dont know friends wit benifits? lik someone u dont hav feelings for but u get to hav sexual relations with them. no strings attached just sex/kissing and stuff.

and i think its very bad and stupid to do.

19. justinishere

Honestly, and no offense to anyone, but it seems like a waste of time. It just seems to be a reliever for sex. Whatever happened to people saying sex was something that they wanted to share with the one that they loved??

But thats just my opinion...

20. Gumtree

Don't get the wrong idea, friends with benefits doen't mean that it's 'just sex'.

That afterall is the difference between a FRIEND with benefits and a STRANGER.

There will always be an eliment of intimacy and affection, which is why people do it; you are friends afterall.

But that's also the reason why they often end badly, friends with benefits isn't emotionless, it is just limited - and all too often one of the persons cross the boundaries.