1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to best friendssss

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kryz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Kryz

So yeah, at highschool I had this very close circle of freinds... We were seven @ the beggining and ended up being 4+1. (two girls, three boys)

When we first started, found out one of the girls (3 years older, goth (like real goth)) was bisexual, we were 15, so we were shocked ans amazed.
    When we moved to second grade (out of three), the +1 friend left our highschool and came out as gay. Not so shocking...
    Now a year after highschool is over, and everyone of us has started its own carrer, my other male friend (Erick) is coming out (Or that's what I think).

We were on MSN this afternoon, planing our meeting to go see the un-goth female friend's performance (She does the whole hawaiian /taitiian dances thing, she is part of an academy and even a teacher now). So I was aware that Erick's grilfriend was going with us. But then he tells me she's not going, that the guy in his picture was going instead... "Who is it?" I gossiply asked. "My boyfriend" he replied.
    So after laughing a bit about the ""joke"". Then he said he was going serious from there on; and he said he needed to talk to us (the friends circle) about something, and how he's life has changed, and that he in fact has a boyfriend. I didn't belived him, though he was being serious... But he kept repeating it and repeating it, he even showed me a pic of him kissing the guy in the cheek; and I mean, I know him. I think he is coming out for REAL.

SO I think this is my opportunity to come out to my dearests friendsss...
    I'm really nervous and don't know what to say, or how to say it. I REALLY want to do this, and this is such a big chance.

So any help / advice / support will be enormously appreciated.

Thank you very much for reading my long ass story instead of doing something more productive.

2. Trystan

that's pretty cool... I'd say yeah, now if you're comfortable and feel you should, then come out. Do you mean to your current friend group or to them? Or are they the same? If yoou mean to your first group, then I don't think there's really anything holding you back - none of them are going to put you down are they?

If it's to anyone else, then I guess... dunno really, just tell people in the order you trust most and think will accept it best. I'm not really much help past there, sorry

3. ArcusPuer

oh well honestly what are you afraid of?
    i say straight up and go for it!
    just tell them, i mean it seems that the worse that could happen is that they disbelieve you for a bit.
    you seem to be in a positive situation.

just say "btw I'm gay too." something like that seems perfectly acceptable in ur situation.

4. george678

Just come out and say I have been gay all my life etc he will understand.

5. coriolis

coriolis Guest

Go for it. It's the perfect opportunity.

6. Markio

Maybe it would be best to tell your gay friend about yourself before the performance. Often it's hard to focus on a lot of things if they happen at once. Plus I'd hate to steal his thunder when he brings his partner to meet everyone.

7. Kryz

Thank you all for reading and answering, it feels great to be supported.

Trystan - Old group of friends, we only meet like every three months

Markio -Well, we are apparently meeting one or two days AFTER the whole performance / show. To ~discuss~ stuff, and talk about the subject; as well as catching up on each other's lifes.

So, I think this chat we are having it's the BEST scenario to come out :slight_smile:
    It's only gonna be us, the friends.

But I think that if he introduces the guy as his boyfriend, and we start talking about it during the show or W/E, I'll NEED to come out =S

Thank you all again, I'll keep this updated