1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im planing on coming out here soon with this letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jashon87, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jashon87

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    so if you guys think i should change any thing let me know. im plane to email it to her
    Saturday or Sunday.so heres the letter

the reason why i haven't be hang out with my friends , or going out with you guys for dinner. is because iv Ben living a lie! why i say that is iv Ben depressed of being a girl trapped in a mans body, and having my brain say im a girl not a boy, and when peolpe use male male pronouns it make me just feel sick. what's why i drink once a blue moon because that make me feel better. but if i play a female avatar in a video game i feel at peace with my
    self.when me and the guys go to hooters i feel disgusted with my self because it makes me feel like a fraud.also the reason why i didn't tell you all of this
    on the day that doctor phi did the show on transgender i was going to come out then but i was scared then and now. at this point i know we are dealing with dad and his med medical issues.i need to tell you this because im planing on Transitioning i dont when but im going to need yours and dads support. if you don't support my decision to Transition. then give me some time to find a new place to live. then after you read the letter! please don't beat your self up i couldn't handle it iv you did, and know that i love you with all my heart. later in the week im going to come out to my friends as transgender male to female and a lot of them will most likely not talk to me any more.
    from or your daughter eva.
    here's some medical terminology for you to read on transgender symptoms

Dysphoria (also called Gender Dysphoria) is an experience of discomfort, distress and other negative emotions relating to a mismatch between a person's gender identity and their external experiences, often accompanied by a strong desire to change one's sex and gender to better match this identity. It is often considered a medical condition. Many, but not all, transgender people experience dysphoria of some kind.

Dysphoria can be focused upon bodily attributes, treatment from others, or societal pressure to conform to an expected gender role based on assigned sex. It is typically relieved if the person is able to transition, and therefore change their body and social situation to one which agrees with their internal identity.

Top dysphoria is a term most often used to describe someone's discomfort with their chest and upper body, such as trans boys feeling top dysphoria because of their breasts being too big or their shoulders being too slender. Trans girls may feel top dysphoria at their lack of breasts or masculine shoulders and arms. It is possible for nonbinary folk to feel dysphoric too, for much the same reasons as their trans counterparts.
    Bottom dysphoria is a term often used to describe one's discomfort with their genitalia mismatching their gender identity. Despite what some may insist, trans and nonbinary folk do not need to experience bottom dysphoria to be classified as their identities.

Transition refers to the process of changing one's sex characteristics, gender expression and/or lifestyle in order to better align with one's gender identity. Any transgender person may wish to transition, including those with non-binary identities. However, transition is not necessary to be transgender, and some transgender people prefer not to transition for a variety of reasons.

There are three major kinds of transition:

Medical transition: Changing one's sex characteristics through medical procedures, including surgery and hormone therapy. This may require a diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder.
    Social transition: Changing how one is viewed by others by making one's gender identity public, which may also include changing names and asking others to use different pronouns. Being stealth is a form of social transition in which one's gender identity is the only gender one is known as.
    Legal transition: Changing one's legal gender. This may require proof that a medical and/or social transition has already taken place.

Each of these types can involve many separate steps, and every person will have different desires for their individual transition - some may only want to transition socially, others may wish to take hormones but not have surgery, etc. Depending on the kind of transition desired, the process can take several years to complete.
    if i need to change any thing let me know any help would be nice.

2. Donovan99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a good letter and very informative. Go for it! :slight_smile: