1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may come out as bi, but then analysis paralysis takes over. Halp!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Adam Smith, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Adam Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Basically I've been fighting with this for a while (haven't we all) and I believe I am comfortable identifying as bi. Out in the world I believe I wouldn't have any issues being open, but therein lies the problem; I'm not in the real world, I'm in high school.

I am a senior and have eventually realized that most people's opinions don't mean much to me. Some people I've come to know though, and they mean quite a great deal. A great deal indeed.

I had a traumatic experience with a different set of peers when I was younger, and forgive the dramatics, but essentially everyone I knew at my old school turned on or abandoned me. I'm not sure how well I could deal if these specific people also abandoned or turned on me. On the one hand I assume myself to be paranoid but on the other hand... I'm sure in time I could learn to deal with them severing ties.

I'm told I put the fear of God into God himself and I am a trained martial artist so physical bullying I doubt will be a problem. Verbal bullying disturbs me more than it probably should (on account of the traumatic experience) and I don't have faith in the idea of "working it out ourselves".

Insights, parables, or advice of any kind would be most helpful. I'm not one for dramatics and there are...political reason to not just make a facebook post or whatever.

2. Donovan99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't really call you paranoid. That can happen and I have kind of the same fear except I'm just a sophomore. Really there's no problem quite yet (if there will be) so just relax. I'm coming out the day I turn nineteen so I don't really have to deal with family. I know most of my family will disown me but I don't care. It's my life, not theirs.