1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel... lost.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JayyH, Jul 11, 2015.

1. JayyH

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For a few years now, since I was about 9 or 10, I have been struggling with my sexuality. I have recently started to accept myself as bi and have told my close friends about it. For the most part, the reactions were good and I haven't lost much. But I'm scared -absolutely TERRIFIED- to tell my family.I'm scared because they always say they don't judge basd on sexuality, and then they do. My older brother happens to be a slight anti- LGBT and my mom really isn't any better on the topic. My dad actually hates it. I really can't take holding this in anymore. I want to be able to talk to my mom or my dad about this and the struggle I am going through but it just isn't working. Any advice or tips on what I should do? Please help me because I'm so lost right now.

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you say that your family doesn't judge people based on sexuality right? I mean did they actually say that? If so, I would find a time when you are alone with your mom and tell her first. I am assuming that you have a loving and caring family. So yeah, I would call your mom out on it. Tell her, you know how she says that they are accepting of the LGTB lifestyle and community? Well I just figured out that I am bisexual. Ultimately she wants her children to be happy. After you tell her, and get a feel for how she takes the news, you can start telling your brother and father. It may take them some time for everything to sink in so be patient. Meanwhile, use your friends and this forum as your support group. Good luck with it and I hope everything turns out well for you.

3. person peoples

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am REALLY sorry if this sounds insensitive but why announce it at all? Just hear me out... straight people don't come gather their family and announce that THEY'RE straight they just start dating and everyone assumes, so my person advise is to just start dating and relax once you are happy with yourself they will hopefully see that and maybe you can avoid all of that drama.

Goodluck to you and just do what makes you happy