1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to a friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by syds, Jul 12, 2015.

1. syds

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently came out as bisexual to my closest friend. This wasn't very hard for me because he is gay so I knew he wouldn't judge me. He was absolutely wonderful and supportive. I feel bad though because I have not come out to my other closest friend. I know that she would be okay with it and I have a good feeling she already knows but I'm still just very scared to say the words "I am bi." to someone. I don't even remember what I said to the friend that I told already. I think I just kept talking until I got the idea out. Anyways how do you come out to a friend? This is hard for me because I have only very recently come to terms with my sexual orientation. I know some people like to wait awhile before coming out but I just don't like feeling as though I'm hiding something from my friend. Advice?

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should do something fun with her, like go out to eat or go hang out somewhere. then after the meal or activity just tell her you'd like to talk with her about something that has been on your mind. Then as nervous as you may be, butterflies and all say those three words, I am bisexual! Practice it in the mirror if you want. Those three words are there in your head, right there, all you have to do is say them out loud to your best friend. Maybe talk to your gay friend to help give you some moral support or even be there to help you. You've got this so good luck!

3. syds

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, for your help. I think I will have my gay friend there when I tell my other friend.

4. KJA

KJA

It does get easier every time, I've found. First time for me was to my counselor and could barely get the words out, crying so damn much. Second time was hard, but not as hard, then it seems to get easier. Saying it out loud "makes it real", this thing inside, but once it's "real" it's easier to deal with.

5. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on what your friend is like. I came out to two of my friends by just pulling them over at recess and just saying the two simple words "I'm gay." And they both were okay with it. (I came out to another friend when she came out to me, it was really hilarious because we both thought the other was straight)