1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out in military

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by questioning 123, Jul 12, 2015.

1. questioning 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi im new to this and not that good at writing so please bear with my grammar errors. So im 21 and just recently found out Im gay my family is the only people that know and they all seemed to take it ok. Now heres the problem im in the Marines and I dont really know how to tell my boys. I really like my life the way it is right now and I like doin stuff with my friends but it all kinda seems like bs because I gota lie to them about where I go some weekends and act like I care about some chicks boobs when I dont and im always just waiting for someone to accidentally find out somehow. I really dont wanna be that 1 gay guy in the barracks that nobody wants to be around cause im gay. I mean I no it dosent change anything I dont all the sudden feel like going shopping with girls or having a high pitched voice but I know thats what I would hae thought if one of my buddies told me he was gay a 2 or 3 years ago. I just dont get why it has to be a big deal and I dont want to make it one but I feel like other people are gonna make it into some stupid ass thing I dont get why it even matters at all it just pisses me off for the first time in my life im actually happy with the way things are and this comes along just to f it all up........... sorry about the rant I just really needed to say it and I dont no who to talk to I was just hoping someone would have some advice thats been though a similar thing I just dont know if its worth all the bs right now idk.

2. 50ishandout

Marine Coming out: http://youtu.be/ZGVAaxeyQwI

Firstly questioning 123 Thank You for your service to this Great Country. Here is a YouTube video from a fellow Marine. You are not alone as a Marine or as a Gay Man who needs support. We arr here for you.

3. June Cleaver

From the sound of it I would not tell them for this reason; I think if you like life as it is now than I definitely would not. Telling may change your life for the good or the bad, so it seems to me not telling is the only guarantee it won't change. I also grew up where you are, actually Davis Islands (left in the 1990's). I know Tampa is a very liberal city to live in, but I knew guys stationed at M.D.A.F.B. back then and it seemed like it was not like being in the city at all. Use your best judgement on this, because only you know the temperament of the men around you and this is 2015 not 1990 or even 1980 anymore. Could you seek counseling of some sort for advise? Sincerely, June

4. 50ishandout

Also questioning one of my oldest and dearest friends is a Marine. Tats and all. When I Came Out to him, he looked me right in the eyes and said "Jim your my brother and I love you".

Marine's will always stand by a brother or fellow Marine.