1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give me opinions on my coming out letter! (its not that long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ant12, Jul 13, 2015.

1. ant12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dear

I want you to know something i’ve known for a very long time now. I’m gay. Always have been, always will be. This isn't a choice of mine, or a “lifestyle”. It’s just who i am. I use to be ashamed of it and tried to change it (which obviously isn't possible. When did you decide to be straight?). I would pray that it would just go away, and i could just live a normal life like everyone else. I thought that i could never be happy being gay. Over time i’ve just accepted it…even though it took a while. I hope everyone else can just accept it too. I’m not going to go through life living a lie just because a few people might not “approve of that lifestyle”, or that “God doesn’t want this.” Personally i’m not religious at all whatsoever, but i know you guys are so ill try to put it in terms you can relate to. Being gay was not a choice of mine. I can’t change it. Why would God make me gay if he wasn’t willing to accept me? There’s already scientific evidence sexual orientation is not a choice, and that it’s impacted by genetics and hormones. At the end of the day i don't want to make this a big deal, and i don’t want this to change anything.

2. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's perfect. You bring up excellent points about not choosing to be gay and comparing it to being straight. Congrats on accepting yourself, and good luck :slight_smile:

3. lim265

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Better than anything i could have written. Hope it all goes well :slight_smile: