1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by carbonbox, Jul 14, 2015.

1. carbonbox

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello my name is Isaiah, my whole life I've been raised in a christian family. I do enjoy going to church, theres so many nice caring people there. Everybody cares about me and my family since my dad is a preacher and im in the choir. But lately ive been feeling lost.. out of place.... since the court decision of the gay marriage theres been sermons about homosexuality pretty much every sunday. They say how its a sin and how God is disgusted by gays everytime I hear stuff like that I feel so out of place. But before all of this I have told some of my friends im gay the crazy thing about it is that they haven't question me about it. I feel like im the only one in this situation. I feel alone most of the time, I dont know why. I do have friends that could help me but my clostest friends don't know about me. Ive tried everything to get my mind straight but theres nothing that can help me change. Ive prayed so much but I just dont know why nothing is happening.. I need some advice by people who are going through the same situation. Thanks!!

2. DayHiker

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that's really tough to hear. I was raised Catholic, and even though it was pretty low-level and didn't come up a whole lot, the whole "sex only between a man and a woman, and only within marriage" has been pretty toxic to me. I'm no longer Catholic, and intellectually I know that teaching isn't good, but emotionally I still struggle to get past it. I can't imagine how tough it must be to hear that every week, but I think you should get out of it if you can.

I don't know how old you are, or what your relationship with your parents is like, but maybe you could go to a different church? There are Christian churches out there that are fully accepting of LGBT members and same-sex relationships. (There are people who will tell you that any church that supports openly LGBT members isn't really Christian. Don't listen to those people. It's not true.) Maybe you could look for one of those, and start going there instead of your current church? You don't have to be specific about why you're switching churches, if you're not ready to. You can say you just wanted to check out different churches, and found one that you liked better, or something vague like that.

Good luck.

3. 50ishandout

Ironically one of the people that I had conversations with about homosexuality was a Catholic Priest. His guidance was so helpful to me making my decision to Come Out.

I would say that the Catholic clergy of today are far different to those that we grew up with Day Hiker.

Carbon box you have a decision to make and only you can make it.

Here is a YouTube video you may find helpful.

Coming Out: http://youtu.be/AyT636qfJ7A

4. carbonbox

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you!! I know there's a lot of churches that are accepting but I cant just leave without an explanation.. well to my parents. They would need me to tell them why and Im surely not ready to tell them i'm gay.

5. 50ishandout

Carbonbox you are Gay because you are Gay. There is no why you are Gay. Why are they straight? Because they are.

If you believe in God he made Man (and woman) in his own image. So there is a reason we are Gay.

6. carbonbox

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree 50ishandout!! thank you so much.

7. 50ishandout

My pleasure.