1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend/crush!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mastapalpa, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mastapalpa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so overwhelmed right now. For the past 2 years I have known that I am Bisexual/Gay (not 100% sure which one yet) and I have had a crush on this one person.

Well half an hour ago, I finally plucked up the courage after all this time to come out to him over Facebook Messenger (!). I tried to in school today but I couldn't find any private time, as I don't want other people knowing yet.

I have had an inkling that he is gay too because he sometimes talks to me about his male crushes etc, and in the PE changing rooms, he's always talking to the guy with abs when he's getting changed :grin:

Thankfully he has been really supportive, telling me to not worry about who I am, and live life to the full without worry etc. I am so happy but am still shaking from telling him (I have anxiety issues as it is).

Anybody else had any similar stories to this? Hope this story can be of use to people who are in the closet and want to come out to a good friend or crush etc.

2. xxlovebuggxx

xxlovebuggxx Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so proud of you! Coming out takes a lot of courage. Great job!

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's amazing! That's really a nice reaction. Congrats to coming out for the first time!
    I'm out to my friends at school and any non-family member who asks. But next year I'll have to do it all over again~

For me, my friend (now girlfriend) came out to me hinting she was bi. We were talking about our views on gay people, and she said she wouldn't mind the person's sex, she'd love them for who they are
    I said something like
    "I don't see them any different than straight people or straight couples. It's just not how I am so I wouldn't ever be into girls. But everyone's equal"
    ^i was closeted.
    And then she awkwardly tried to cover it up. (She had a huge crush on me) and I was oblivious and thought she was straight.

To her, I didn't take it too well...it was an accident though. But a month or two later she told me she liked me and we're together for six months~