1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out publically?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by roar531, Jul 16, 2015.

1. roar531

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello everyone, so i recently have gained a burst of confidence over the past few months...and i honestly never thought i would be considering coming out of the closet so soon. i told most of my close friends about a year ago, and i told both parents about 3 months ago.

i have hesitated on coming out completely because a good section of my family, mostly the older couples, are very much conservative and do not support gays. some would be angry even. but after going to my cousins wedding which most of the family came, i have a huge family, about 50 just on my mothers side...but after they all came i found out that alot of them supported it, (we talked alot about it because there was a lesbian couple there)

so while i have been thinking of coming out on national coming out day, october 11th i googled...i am now thinking of coming out sooner, maybe in the next week or so. im just really happy knowing that a good portion of my family support it, heck probably the majority of my family does.

so my question is this, should i come out publically, and make it other peoples business by posting on facebook? or just keep it to myself, but not be afraid to admit im gay if someone does ask...

i guess im asking this because half of my friends on facebook are probably against gay marriage, iv seen TONS of debates on it, although if i did post that i was gay it would help me sift through the fake friends too i guess if they did delete me, which im totally fine with...

im just wondering is it best to come out and be myself on facebook? i wouldnt have to hide anymore. which im planning on doing soon in a few days, i could post what i want, when i want. also it would kinda be a point of no return, and i feel like if i dont come out on facebook, i might go back into hiding again. which i really dont want... advice?

i just want to stop hiding and just live my life, you know?

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should go for it! I think it would be a positive experience for you, especially since you already have quite a few friends and family members that support you.(*hug*)