1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Coming Out Letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brayden77, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Brayden77

Okay, so...I've been thinking. I want to come out to a couple of my best friends when school starts back up again at the end of the summer. I will be a sophomore in high school, and I am determined to make this year the best so far. So, I feel like I should let my friends know. They've always trusted me to be honest with them, and they have always been honest with me and supported me through everything I've ever done. However, a couple of them are not as accepting of others as I wish they we're, and I know that I can't change that, but I want them to know who I really am. I am not the kind of person who speaks up very loudly or goes to people for help, but I want to know what some of you might think of new using a handwritten letter to come out to these friends. I think it would be much easier for me personally, but I would like some feedback of there are any easier ways.

- Much love, Bray :slight_smile:

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Just, DO IT. Make, your dreams, come true. Just,,, DO IT." ~Shia Labouf

...sorry that is ALL I have to say besides that your friends (at least most) will accept you for ho you are.(*hug*)

3. 50ishandout

If you feel comfortable telling your friends you should. If they are truly friends they will accept you no matter what your sexual orientation is.

Good Luck.

4. ChaoticMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Go with whatever you think is easiest. Letters work just as well as anything else, so if you want to write a latter, go for it. And I hate to say it, but you can't control the attitudes of some people. If your friends decide to start disliking you just because you're bi, then not only is their logic flawed, but they are likely not true friends.

Good luck :slight_smile: