1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comfortable With Yourself??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SadConfusedBandGeek, Jun 2, 2007.

1. SadConfusedBandGeek

NO this forum is not refering to are you comfortable with being gay or not lol. (If you are comfortable with that then please say so though:slight_smile: )

This is how comfortable are you with the rest of your life or your physical appearance, or your friends or your personality. Basically are you proud of your life, and yourself??

Personally I Always say that i LOVE MY LIFE!:grin: its so much fun to live, and i get to say wut i want and do what i want (most of the time:wink: )
    I am also pretty comfortable with my physical appearing.. I <3 my hair and my eyes lol...although it does look like a pluck my eyebrows:lol: Which i dont by the way:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Hehe i am also very proud to be gay lol its awesome:slight_smile:. Not everyone knows because some very rude comments would definetly come my way, But i for sure dont hide it lol.

I also really like my friends and my personality..which can be summed up in about one word...Loud!!!!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Its fun being confident with myself cause it scares some people lol! I occasionally have to be told not to be Overconfident cause it makes me look a bit like a snob, but thats not to often!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm not uncomfortable with to many things about myself, cept my voice, which could be a bit...I dunno lol i just dont like it:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But anyway just express your insecurities and things that you love about yourself!!!(&&&)

And never forget how awesome you are!:slight_smile:(*hug*)

#1 SadConfusedBandGeek, Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, this is a tough one to answer. I love who I am and I love life but at the same time there's a lot of things i would want to change about myself. Of course, the media potrays a certain image on how we should look and act and I've definately felt the pressures of the media. When i was younger i would starve myself to be skinny. Now I don't care so much, it's more about being fit and healthy. But i do wish i had bigger boobs though lol! I'm a size A and i just want one cup bigger :frowning2: just oneeee! lol Other than that the one thing i would desperately want to change about my physical appearance is my teeth. My family never had the money for me to get braces so I'm stuck with a horrible smile which really brings down my level of confidence. I have a hard time meeting new people because I'm worried about my teeth. I'm pretty happy with my personality however. I keep changing as I grow older, I use to be really depressive and negative and now I'm more rational and trying to think positive. Maybe it's just because I've matured. I'm happy with myself because I'm an honest and loyal person and i have a good sense of humour. But my confidence is at an ultamite low! I'm not out of the closet yet but I'm still happy that I'm gay. It feels great :slight_smile:

3. SpikySpice

Well, I'm sure I am comfortable with EC much more than before. Since now I know many absolutely fabulous and awesome people, I feel really happy talking to them and discussing stuffs, unlike b4, I was shy, and afraid to post a comment...Now I wanna hang out all day long on EC to make more friends and to share all the good moments, who know one day everything will be gone? Just enjoy it, I do feel comfortable

The speaking of myself, for the appearance look. Yeah.. cuz I know it dosent matter how much you change or polish your slef, there are still gonna be people who hate the way you look. Becuz different people have different thoughts and ideas about others, so some may like the way you look , and some dont. But I like the way I look, I mean, some poeple do like me, so make me happy. Otherwise I have to get used to the bad comments of the ones who dont, so I kinda feel comfortable and proud.

The only thing I', not comfortable is my height, well, I'm short, and I really hate the genes and genetic stuffs. And I dont like my voice too, when I got nervous, it is soft and lispy. But when I'm too happy or get to excited, my voice i sloud like a bomb. Loads of people in class complain, and I feel gggrr wen I cant control my own voice

Being gay means being trying to be confident with your self and others. So I dont mind being who I am, cuz whatever people say is whatever will go away. Cuz they ahve the right to say anything, you have the right not to listen, so

4. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm satisfied with my physical appearance, even though that wasn't always the case. I had braces for three years, and then because my orthodontist gave me someone else's retainers after a visit to his office, (I know, it sounds unbelievable) I had to have them for another year. I also have a few bad cowlicks in my hair and had really bad acne. But a buzzcut and some acne medicine cleared all that up :lol: I never thought I would get a buzzcut, but it looks really good on me because I have a really defined jawline and I don't have to comb my hair anymore, which is the best part :thumbsup:

I've always been the loud guy in school, the sarcastic one who always has something to say, which is why I think it's going to be a shock for everyone when they find out I'm gay. But that doesn't bother me, because for better or worse, I'm proud to be gay and I think I'll start to be a lot happier once I'm out and in a new school:icon_mrgr.

5. GuitarGirl1350

I am very comfortable with myself and my life. I love myself =] most of the time.

6. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am very comfortable with myself now. wasnt always i dont really kno why. personality i guess i can be shy when you first get to kno me but once that over most people say that im great and pretty hilarious. i say the truth to whatever you might ask me or if i just feel like saying it. im pretty preppy, thats what my friends say if i was to be labeled as something and i love it. im not the type to just sit around and stuff. love going to parties and doing all that.. you know. my friends are awesome. some of them i have grown apart form which i hate by working on that... getting closer and stuff. i play 3 sports with great teams and everything i do i love it because i dont see a point in doing something if you dont want to or like it

physical apperence i wasnt always that comforatble with i still dont understand why lol now i am. now people say i am almost narsissitic which isnt that good but whatev lol i get comments like matt your so fun to look at and stuff. i have a runner/ swimmer body even though i dont swim but idk lol. i dont like my hair being black so i dyed it brown, easy enough. my family is kinda messed up, has its problems, i have about 90 some cousins (1st, 2nd and stuff) and others all around the globe and thats just on one side but idk family fueds lets me kno um... none of them. :eusa_eh: but there are other things about my family that i love... cant say them thought here or anywhere else.

one thing i used to not be comfortable with is my backround. i am adopted from guatamala (below mexico) and i had problems with it. my parents wanted me to scream it out and i jsut felt like no i am american and stuff. but now i find it pretty cool because according to um.. what my parents have said i am 100% mayan. the ancient race that all of a sudden disappeared and has become one of the greatest mysteries of modern history. yea its cool the movie apocalypto is based on one theory of how they disappered and stuff. so now its like ohh your german thats... not as cool as being an ancient race that no one knows went :lol: lol the rest of my family is italian and thats cool too

still working on being 100% comfortable with the bi/gay thing its coming though day by day...

7. xequar

I'm in this sort of odd space right now... I have a lot of good stuff going on, but I think my life's gotten somewhat stagnant in some regards. I have a decent job making decent money, but the company I work for has been having well publicized financial issues, and my new management works diligently at proving their incompetence. I also want to move out of my apartment into a nicer place, but I don't want to buy a house given the questionable stability of my company.

Pretty much, I've been sort of trying to remake myself lately, sort of change up my style, reconsider my spiritual place in the world, keep contact with those who are worth keeping contact with and letting those who haven't bothered to give half a shit about me slip into obscurity, that sort of thing.

So after dodging the question for this long, I guess the direct answer is...no, I'm not comfortable with myself right now. I feel like I've outgrown the shell I had, so it's time to upgrade.

8. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I switch between being proud and not, between hating and loving myself. I have two mental illnesses that, when left untreated, have severely disrupted my life. I'm being treated for one and am considering starting treatment for the other. Three if you count anorexia as an entirely separate disorder. I've been anorexic since I was eleven, had another illness since I was nine and had cyclothymia since I was less than a year old. Because of these chemical imbalances in my brain, I am often disgusted with myself. The physical disability I also have...I have a really different perspective on life than most people.

But I've achieved a lot and hope to forgive myself. I want to meet all my goals in life. I've accepted that I'll be anorexic for the rest of my life. I probably won't be able to go off my meds. Psychotherapy is something I may have to continue for another ten years. I've accepted this but still hope for change.

I guess that I'm 70% comfortable with myself at this very moment, most of the time it depends whether I'm in an up or down stage.

9. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Xequar, you can do what everyone else in Michigan is doing, and move to Atlanta. We just moved here from Jersey, and both of our next door neighbors are from Michigan.

10. xequar

That is also a very primary reason I've been hesitant to buy a house... I've been reconsidering if Michigan is the place for me.

11. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You also have to look at the real estate market. Michigan is just never going to fully recover from the hit it's taken recently in the job sector, so real estate prices won't have the backing of a strong job sector like other low priced areas like Atlanta, Houston, Nashville, etc. have.

12. Steam Giant

I honestly haven't been able to think positively about myself until I started on anti-depressants, one month ago. Even with them, there's a LOT about myself that I can't stand. I hate how lazy I am, how emotionally fragile I am. I hate how I can't stick with a single idea for too long. I hate my body...my size, my appearance, my gender, worst of all. I seriously feel like my body is a cage, and at times, I can barely tolerate it.

Thankfully, the pills have helped to clear up some of the fog, and with the help from some very awesome people here at EC (you know who you are!) I can at least admit that I'm not a bad writer, although I do need improvement. I also like that I'm not stupid, and that I'm a pretty accepting guy.

But still, I find my redeeming qualities to be few and far between.