1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbowrunning, Jul 17, 2015.

1. rainbowrunning

Out Status:
    A few people
    My family is very Christian and doesn't support LGBT people. I need some advice on coming out to them. What should I not say? What should I say? What can I say to make it clear that my faith is still very important to me?

2. well i suggest coming out if you are in a safe place. if you live with our family and it may not be safe or if they may desire to send you off some some ex-gay camp or pray the gay out of you, then maybe that will not be a good thing to come out right now.

if you do not fear these things or have your own living space independent of them, them maybe you can get resources and help from Gay Christian Network on line. they have a forum where you can ask other gay christians how they dealt with things and how they came out. check it out. pflag may be great for parents of gay kids. one thing that i watched and it was sooo moving was called, Prayers for Bobby and another one called "For the Bible Told me So" it was about gay christians that came out to a christian famiy and were bashed and rejected. some killed themselves, some families changed their entire minds about what they thought the scriptures were saying. its a great one to watch. its all true stories. maybe you can show them this after you come out.