1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Boyfriends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure really if you guys can help me with this but it's more me ranting to the general public anyway. Basically I've had five relationships with five separate guys, and each one has ended in failure. The longest of any of them has been about 46 days, so a month and a half, and he then dumped me before Christmas. Thing that I don't understand is that I seem to be having such trouble in finding a long-lasting relationship and yet during the period where I believed myself to be "straight" I dated 9-11 girls and two of them even lasted for about 9 months for heaven's sake. So really I'm just finding it odd that I'm gay, and can't have a boyfriend for more than 2 months, and yet I was able to maintain a relationship with a girl for more than 9. I'm not doubting myself or anything like that, I know I am gay, I just don't know why it's like ten times tougher for me to find someone who will actually commit. (No none of them cheated, I just mean like they can see a future with me). I don't have huge standards, but I will admit I tend to often look for the guys who are kind of slim, like they don't have to be muscular, a small amount is nice, but as long as they are healthy and a slim body or if they do wind up like Ben Bruckner from Queer as Folk (those who have seen it know what I'm talking about :wink: ) I totally like, but no matter where I look I can't find my "Prince Charming". I'm getting really agitated about it because so many of my friends tell me I'm good looking, and that I will find my Prince, and despite the whole "good things come to those that wait" I can't help but be like "well when is the wait over?!"

I did have a boyfriend a short time ago, but for some reason I was doubting the relationship from day 1 and basically broke up with him (one of only two boyfriends that I've ever done the dumping) because I basically couldn't be with him anymore. So I'm just wondering A: why is it so hard to wait? and B: Is the huge breaks between having boyfriends causing me to doubt relationships, or was it perhaps just in the most recent guy that I broke up with?

Any advice, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Janvier

Sorry, I can't give you any advice but you're not alone.

I had a girlfriend for 2 years and the longest I've ever been with a guy is 3 months, and I've only had 2 boyfriends...

It's just so much harder with guys but sex is so easy.. It's depressing.

3. Sarah

im sorry. lol i say tat a lot.
    i kno its weird coming from a 14 year old, but, u will find who your looking for. and sorry to repeat but....u just hav to b patient and wait. good things tak time and finding the right person is going to take even longer. idk bout where u liv but where i liv i dont hav a clue whos straight gay or neither. even in the GSA i dont kno.

but ultimately i dont think its either of u tats the problem i think its just tat u both dont fit exactly right and one of u realizes tat b4 the other. and about u having an easier time with girls than guys is bcuz its often hard to b urself. nd u kn what ppl expect when someone is straight bcuz u see it everywhere on tv in public in books magazines advertisements. so u just put on the face u see and the act uve seen and it works. but when its YOU u hav to think about what u think is right and what u think u shud b doing. bcuz homosexuality isnt as broadcasted as straightness. so it maks it harder cuz u hav to think about it and u rnt sure.

i hope tat helpd in any way. lol

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks :slight_smile: Other ideas people? Also so you understand, I've been dating guys since 2006, prior to June of 2006 I was dating girls, just so you guys understand that if it wasn't clear.