1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afraid to lose best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by laiminga, Jul 18, 2015.

1. laiminga

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone :slight_smile: I need some help. :help::help::help:
    I have this friend which I know almost all my life. She is great friend, my best friend. But I'm afraid to come out to her. We usually sleep in one bed, we do a lot of things together, we are very close. I'm afraid that she can get wrong idea about me, that she might think that I like her more than friend or something. Also I'm very afraid to lose her. She knows that I was in EuroPride this year's, that I'm volunteering in organization mostly oriented in LGBT youth, she knows that sometimes I go to gay clubs with my friends. but she still thinks that I'm completely straight. This summer she works in UK, so we don't meet so often, but we still speaks a lot. Recently i told her that I was in date, I told her everything, except that I was in date with girl. She asked me with who I was, and I just couldn't say it. I don't want to lie, but I'm very afraid. Oh, and she found song "I don't do boys" by Electra in my phone and ever since we sing it together and she made me to promise that one day we will sang that song to our boyfriends just to tease them. Well, I may end up with boyfriend, but it is more likely, that I end up with girlfriend. And when I started volunteering she sad some not very nice things about people I work with. So what should I do? Should I tell her, or should I not? And how to tell her? It was easy with others friends, but not with her...
    (Sorry for my bad English)

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your English is fine! Still some grammer stuff, but otherwise very clear and easy to understand. Much more importantly, you and your friend are very close, and if you were to tell her she would understand. You should tell her! (*hug*)

3. dm3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you have known your best friend for a long time, she'll understand. You should tell her that you've come out to her because you trust her. Good luck!

4. laiminga

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :grin: I have already come out to her. It turned out very well! Since then we become even closer :slight_smile: It feels so good when I don't have any secrets from her :slight_smile:

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay! I'm so glad when people have positive coming-out experiences. I had a very similar one while I was still in high school, and it had a very similar ending, too. It truly is a wonderful feeling to have someone support you when you're coming out.

6. laiminga

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it is really wonderful feeling, Now I can't even understand what I was afraid of :slight_smile: