1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried my parents won't believe me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CactusCactus, Jul 18, 2015.

1. CactusCactus

I want to come out to my mom as ftm transgender, but I'm scared she won't believe me! She's not completely homophobic/transphobic, but she does make a lot of offensive jokes, and she thinks bisexuals are faking it, etc. I'm thirteen, and I haven't shown too many signs of being trans (I like to be secretive). She might think it's a phase, or just flat out not believe me. I have a date and time set for when I'm going to tell her, but now I'm second guessing it.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may be pleasantly suprised about her reaction. And if she says something about it being a phase, and still won't believe you, she find out eventually that she's wrong. (*hug*)

3. eth

eth

Tell her i am sure she will be supportive of your choice and respect your decision in life.

4. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi :slight_smile: I know how you feel...a little bit at least. Me and my dad have never liked each other much and during most of my teenage years I've tried to always challenge him or go against his way of thinking. When I come out to my mom I think her first reaction might be: "Are you doing this to make your father angry?". I guess we'll just have to come out and see what happens. I guess not believing at first is a better reaction than disgust or anger. I hope everything goes well for you :slight_smile: good luck

5. NerdGirl19

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel EXACTLY the same way!! I still haven't come out to my mother, because I'm afraid she wont believe me too. But I guess we can just hope for the best and if it doesn't turn out well at first, hope it does in the long run :lol:

6. dm3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't take the offensive jokes personally. A lot of people make offensive jokes. They don't mean to offend other people, but they just want to be funny. You could inform your mother more about sexuality and gender expression, so she would understand your situation better.