1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

complex problem. need some analysis... coming out later in life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wonderin1, Jul 19, 2015.

1. wonderin1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    At 20 and after 9 years of thinking I'm straight with a few homosexual fantasies, I'm starting to think I am either gay or bisexual.

At a young age I always pursued girls because I found them beautiful and I wanted romantic love and romantic passion with women. I had many male friends but not female friends, because I always treated them as sexual opportunities (I went to a boys school).

I desire women and think they are more attractive than men, but for some reason I have a strong homoromantic interest, almost like seeking a father figure in a way, I do have fantasies of being a bottom.

I feel as though my sexual fulfilment would come from promiscuity and friendship with women, but romantic relations with a man. What the hell is wrong with me?

Everytime I connect with a girl I am attracted to it's always some kind of feeling of substituting motherly love. Everytime I connect with a gay man it just feels like we know each other straight away, we empathise, a lot of camp men have been attracted to me and I they always seem to be sniffing me out.

I had severe depression and body image issues, and my emotional intelligence is bizarrely high for a heterosexual male. I grew up in a cold household, with a distant father and a domineering mother.

But there's always a wall against expressing myself homosexually, either because it's habit of seeing men as friends or adversaries and women as little bundles of fun.

Most men around my age I find repulsive, but attractive slightly older men I could consider experimenting with (late 20s), older men in their mid 30s, 40s i could consider experimenting with. There is a huge fear of general incompetence and nudity with women.

There are a few contradictions here. But to break it down, I'm attracted to older attractive men (more romantically), attractive men my age (more sexually) and younger attractive women (more sexually). I'm still a virgin, how can I find out what is right for me, I don't want to hurt someone by manipulating people.

I'm pretty messed up. What do you think?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You find out who is right for you by meeting and dating the men you are attracted to, and the women you are attracted to, and deciding which you fit with better. Until you gain more experience, you probably aren't going to figure it out, because you haven't already. Your "romantic" attraction to men, particularly older men, suggests to me that you would be more comfortable with an older man, and probably more towards the "gay" end of the sexuality scale, than the straight end. Since you don't intuitively know which gender better suits you, "experimentation" is the order of the day. You aren't "messed up", you are just inexperienced; don't be embarrassed or ashamed about it, everyone starts that way.