1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Note, and an Odd Situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DeadheadPride, Jul 19, 2015.

1. DeadheadPride

I saw a post like this, and thought it was a good idea, as I was planning to do the same thing. My mom knows I'm gay, but my dad and extended family don't. I hate having to hold this secret, so I'm going to tell them soon, but because I'm afraid of seeing their reactions, I don't want to do it in person. Therefore, I've planned to leave a note for my dad, and mail my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents roughly the same thing. Because I'm afraid of screwing up, I've decided to write my note here and get some advice. Here it is:

Hey, dad! There's something I've been wanting to say for a while, and although it feels so good to say, it hurts a little as well. I'm afraid of telling you in person because I fear your reaction, so this note will explain it all: I'm gay! I really need you to know that. Mom knows, but she's the only one, and I hate holding this secret in. I love you, and I hope you love me. No, it's not a phase, I'm not experimenting, this is me. And I need you to know that. If you want to talk, I'm at (Location), but I'll return home at (Time).

- Dylan

2. alli o

alli o Guest

I love your letter and would love excepting this I think it is great the way it is but if you are looking for more inspiration on what to add or takeout this website has a shot with a bunch of real written letters go under resources to find it good luck and I truly hope I have your courage someday