1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I to Young?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alli o, Jul 19, 2015.

1. alli o

alli o Guest

I think I am ready to come out soon or at least in the next year or so... but I am worried that I should wait so people will believe me more or will not say "aren't you to young to know" any experience with coming out at 14?

2. bookandquill

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry about what other people will say. And there will be a lot of people saying that you're too young, just ignore them. Only you know yourself.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only you can decide when you're ready to come out. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

4. MetalRice

Your never too young, if you are sure about what you feel and who you are, go for it.

5. Lindsey23

I came out to one person when I was 14. It was someone who I knew would be accepting. I felt so much better after. But I didn't come out to anyone else for over a year. I recommend starting with one person and going from there, at your own pace, however slow or fast that is.

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM ----------

And yes, some people will say you're too young. Ignore them.

6. I'm_Danni_x

No, you're not too young, I came to terms with who I was when I was 12.

7. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 14 at the moment and while I am still questioning, I have thought the same thing, "is it is too soon for me to know what my sexuality is?" (if I find out while I'm still this age, which probably will happen, or will happen in the next year or so). I think that if you know that you are then it is almost never too early. If you know that you aren't straight at 14, then thats fine and you should come out if you wish to. If you're not sure then that is also fine, but you might not want to until you know better.

8. starm

Without knowing how your family would react, I can't say. But you should probably test it to see there reactions...

9. thehudge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I think 14 is the age most people have figured it out or are figuring it out, to be honest.
    Age doesn't define maturity; I wish people would stop thinking otherwise...
    If you have someone you know for a fact won't judge you and who you trust completely not to tell anyone else, I'd suggest coming out to them first :slight_smile:

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    When you feel ready, that's the right time. :slight_smile:

Also, as starm^ said, seeing your parents' or other people you want to come out to's reaction, by bringing up LGBT+ questions, can help to predict their reaction.

11. YinYang

I am 14 and, while I know my sexuality might be different later on, I'm going with panromantic asexual because they is who I am right now. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll realize I was pansexual all along, but I might not. I'm just going with who I am right now. And all the people I've come out to have been supportive.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I came out at 14 too and it went well for me. When people said I was too young to know I asked how they knew they were straight at 14 and they quickly shut up!

13. dm3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's never too early nor to late to come out. I came out to my sister 1 month ago, she took it well. You should tell someone who you know very well and who will support you. If people tell you that you're too young, tell them that you aren't and have known this for quite some time. Don't be afraid of what they will say about you. Good luck!