1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to people (without saying it?)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Capricorn98, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know now that I have an attraction to the same sex (men). but I don't really see it as a big deal because why should it be right?

I wish that we were in a society where you didn't have to come out and you could be with who you wanted without having to say anything. I'm not thinking about bringing a guy home with me and suddenly springing it up on my parents.

is there anyway to tell them about it without saying it directly. I do talk about News about gay marriage and other LGBT related news. are there any other ways to hint at my attraction to guys?

P.S its not that I don't wanna come out its just that my family will see it as a big deal and I just want them to acknowledge it. they worry alot so I don't want them getting worried for me or anything

2. Creator

I agree, I don't think being gay is a big deal. It's simply who you fancy and want to spend your life with, not a big deal at all. However when it comes to things like coming out it's super hard and I just cannot do it. I've only been able to do it to my friend whos also gay and someone else by accident. I wish it was easier to come out without saying it but it isn't that easy.

Here are a few ideas of mine.
    You could start talking about someone whos cute, or point out that this persons cute. You could lead on from there talking about how much you want to hug them or kiss them if your feeling brave. This would leave lots of hints. This would then lead to a point where they may ask you if your gay and you can respond "Yes" or "Maybe" trying to slowly build up the courage to do so.

King regards,
    Creator.

3. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for the advice its jut that I'm not the type of person to talk about things kissing and hugging people.

my brother has always called me gay so maybe the next time he does as the dinner table i can say 'yes, yes I am' I'd love to see his face. :eusa_clap

4. Creator

Haha thats a good one, I might use it myself. xD

My sister does the same thing, always calling me gay, etc. I just either say no or sarcastically say "Yes of course.." and deny it. One day I'd like to say "Yes I am, problem?"

#4 Creator, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  5. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah that look of shock would be priceless :badgrin:

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being gay is only a big deal if the people around you make it a big deal. Other than that, as you said, it is just about "who you fancy". You can come out to your parents by telling them that you don't really find girls all that interesting, so you will probably continue to spend your time hanging out with your mates instead of dating girls. You can gradually ease that into going out with boys you fancy for entertainment, until they reach the conclusion that you are gay without you having to tell them explicitly.