1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Jewish family...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YinYang, Jul 20, 2015.

1. YinYang

I want to come out to the rest of my family, but most of my family is Jewish and, since I'm not religious (at ALL), I don't know what to expect. Is anyone on here Jewish? And if you are, what are most Jewish views on the lgbtq+ community? Thank you!

2. Silver Sparrow

Hi there! I'm also Jewish, but not out to my family, so this is my perspective on what I have seen.

Jewish views on the lgbtq community vary greatly by denomination.
    My family is reform, so that's the group I feel most comfortable talking about. My temple has marched in Pride, there are multiple (I think multiple, but at least one) same-sex couples who attend, etc. The opinions will likely vary widely even within denomination (have you heard the phrase "two Jews, three opinions").
    There's also one organization (Keshet) that will probably have more good resources.

3. FrancisGum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    London friend has a Jewish support group meeting in Kings Cross access at back or building for discussion room. I know because I helped raise money to pay for the said ramp London friend is a good organisation recommended by switchboard yours BD